-
hello again guys/gals,
nice to see that topology working for you uteck, and that Wim has taken a look at this. and kudos to Omak! now I feel confident to persuade my supervisor to buy the hardware
. Short question about swappig - do your nodes swap in a virtual RAM swap or do they access the harddrive of the server to swap?
I have a million questions about the ClusterKnoppix-OpenMosix cluster, but I am afraid that they are a bit too off-topic to be accepted here. Maybe I should migrate to another forum somewhere? But you all seem very nice and helpful, so I will give it a shot.
When booting the nodes off the LAN in CK, is "cluster performance" (in this case; program loading and thread migration) limited by network, harddrive, memory or processor speed? I guess any of these could be bottlenecks, but, for instance, is a 100MBit network sufficient for say 10 2GHz nodes with 333MHz memory interface? Can this question even be asked? 
I have not yet tried CK myself, but is the SSH-serverscript found in Knoppix still around in CK?
Have a nice midsummer's eve! (Pseudo-kinky viking holiday in Sweden)
Similar Threads
-
By paulrbarnard in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2005, 01:46 PM
-
By felixious in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 09:46 PM
-
By ska_p_te in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-08-2004, 05:56 PM
-
By Levi37 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 01:16 PM
-
By ml1979 in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 05:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$600.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001
$79.98

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99