-
One computer shall be the "master node" (aka server ), from which the openmosix cluster can be monitored and controlled. This is the only box with a HD and a CD player. The other nodes are diskless and shall boot into clusterknoppix over the network using the service provided by the server and then join the cluster. As far as I understand, this should be able to do more or less automatically - once the server is up, the bios of the nodes should be set to boot from the LAN, right? The server is the only node that actually "contains" any software.
This is what I am setting up. Following the instructions posted by Omak(Thanks again
) I have 1 master with a hard drive installed version, and now 2 others that boot from it over the network. I had to use the rom-o-matic to make floppys for them to boot off of so they will boot from the network. (Network booting is not an option for their BIOS) I might try adding rom chips to the NIC's but not now.
I have not installed any additional sofware yet on the /cdrom/knoppix work around, but I am confident that it will work since Omak has not been wrong yet.
Since the machines can only hold 64MB of ram I am going to try installing a 1GB hard drive so they can use it as swap, and to store setings. A Pentium 200 can take while to boot.
Similar Threads
-
By paulrbarnard in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2005, 01:46 PM
-
By felixious in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 09:46 PM
-
By ska_p_te in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-08-2004, 05:56 PM
-
By Levi37 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 01:16 PM
-
By ml1979 in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-02-2003, 05:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98