-
video problems with a Compac 2286
I have an obsolete Compac 2286 Presario that I want to install Knoppix CD on. I’ve already successfully installed SimplyMepis on. When I attempt Knoppix, it starts OK & I get the first screen that instructs how to enable the various options. However, after that the video fails from that point on! All I get is a couple of bands of trash. I’ve tried every video options suggested on the start up menu & listed on the cheat.txt.
Admittedly, the video card in this PC must be quirky. I had to eliminate the vga=791 SimplyMepis had selected for its start up line. However, Big Daddy Linux has successfully started from CD on this PC with no intervention on my part.
Things I’ve tried unsuccessfully so far:
Koppix
vga=791, 788, 773 & 771
vga=normal
2
failsafe
etc.
Similar Threads
-
By halprinz in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-21-2006, 03:59 AM
-
By bucodi in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 01:29 PM
-
By JFAB in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 02:41 AM
-
By gsanvic in forum Laptops
Replies: 15
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 06:59 AM
-
By frannette in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 12
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 08:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99