Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 5 Will Not Save Configuration on Memory Stick

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 5 Will Not Save Configuration on Memory Stick

    I am using Knoppix 5 DVD live version. How can I save the configuration to my memory stick. In a previous version of Knoppix 3.9 this option works just fine. I know how to use the commands in previous versions .. but they just don't work anymore.
    With Knoppix 5 the SDA doesn't even appear on the list of options. Am I right in thinking that there is a bug that makes it impossible to use? I have read all through the Forum but cannot find an answer. I do not want to use a Persistent home.
    Will this get fixed when Knoppix 5.10 is released?
    Can someone please check with the developers?
    I love Knoppix but this is a serious flaw with the current version.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1
    I recently cut a 5.1.1 Knoppix DVD and I think I have the same problem, I only get an option to save to floppy from the Knoppix save config dialog - not very helpful as I don't have the floppy connected in my Laptop. At v4.0 of Knoppix DVD I also had an option for /mnt/sda1 (my USB Memory stick). I can actually load my config from v4.0 into v5.1.1 which allowed me to take over my wireless network settings, but I can't save any updated config to the drive under 5.1.1 because it doesn't appear as an option. I tried mounting sda1 first and changing the write mode to write enable - I can save files to the USB stick with other utilities/apps etc. (e.g. Open Office docs, etc.)
    Is there a method of getting /mnt/sda1 to appear in the options for saving the config or is there a command line alternative where I can specify /mnt/sda1 in the command line arguments?
    Thanks.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix 5 Will Not Save Configuration on Memory Stick

    I have the same problem. It worked fine in a previous version, but not in 5. Does anybody have the answer or some insight into the issue?

    Noob

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix not reading USB memory stick
    By pdc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 02:43 PM
  2. Save system configuration to usb memory key...
    By lowboyblue in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 06:16 AM
  3. Saving configuration / home drive on USB memory Stick
    By Mandarine in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 08:43 AM
  4. Run Knoppix from a 256 MB memory stick ?
    By i2hhj in forum Laptops
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 07:57 PM
  5. How can I save data on my Memory stick ?
    By spree in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS  PromBlaster picture

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster

$895.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 Vintage Computer - Not Working parts picture

Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 Vintage Computer - Not Working parts

$89.95



Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA picture

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA

$139.99



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72



Vintage GF2MX40064SAGP PNY GeForce-2 MX400 64MB VGA/ AGP Video Graphics Card picture

Vintage GF2MX40064SAGP PNY GeForce-2 MX400 64MB VGA/ AGP Video Graphics Card

$79.98



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$225.61