Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Inserting A Web App onto the Knoppix Live CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2

    Inserting A Web App onto the Knoppix Live CD

    Let me start by saying that I am extremely new to Linux. Here is what I want to do, and I would appreciate any help.

    I would like to take the Knoppix CD and simply add a web app onto it. The web app uses apache and a mysql backend, with a PHP frontend. I read that Knoppix has already by default, apache, php, and mysql, so I just want to know, step-by-step how to take the iso, add the web pages and the mysql stuff into it, and then re-burn the cd, to create a live cd, which once booted, can run that web app directly off the cd. Can this be done? If so, could someone give my detailed info on how to do it. I really appreciate any help. Thanks.

    Stevo

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NSW AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    2
    StevoB,

    I too am not very experienced in Linux and am after same type of info. I have posted similar with no replies as yet.

    I wish to run Apache2 and PHP (MySQL would be a bonus) straight off the V5.0.1 CD with a persistant USB drive. This is to run some web apps for demo. ( A cunning scheme to sway some MS junkie admins toward the light of Linux).

    I have found that Apache2 requires a different setup to previous version Apache with a directory structure indicating modules and sites available. I plan to have the server root on the USB drive and load the apache.conf from there. This will allow me to change the web pages at will without having to remaster for each change.

    Am I dreaming or just missing a vital step ??

    I hope this helps or attracts some attention and answers. I honestly think this is one of the biggest breakthroughs I have sen in computing for YEARS.....I'm hooked

    Reg

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7

    Just follow the remastering guide.

    1.) Why would you want to? It's a web app.

    2.) If you do want to:
    Just follow the remastering guide:

    mount /mnt/hda
    cd /mnt/hda
    mkdir source/KNOPPIX
    mkdir master/KNOPPIX
    cp -Cp /KNOPPIX source/KNOPPIX

    Then add your app and database to the new uncompressed copy... removing other packages with apt-get if space becomes an issue.
    After your done editing finishing the remastering with:

    mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -publisher "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" \
    -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX \
    | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

    and
    cd /mnt/hda1/knx/master
    find -type f -not -name md5sums -not -name boot.cat -not -name isolinux.bin \
    -exec md5sum '{}' \; > KNOPPIX/md5sums

    and then finally:
    mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
    -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat \
    -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda1/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda1/knx/master

    For more info, see:
    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto

Similar Threads

  1. (SOLVED) error inserting '/cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/cloop.ko':
    By Fog_Watch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 02:08 PM
  2. Knoppix 5.0 Error inserting ndiswrapper
    By finferflu in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 01:24 PM
  3. Error inserting gnertc
    By tr in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2005, 10:58 AM
  4. K 3_9 error inserting apm
    By marekcherubin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 10:34 PM
  5. Knoppix 3.3 hangs inserting a PCMCIA Compact Flash
    By amontefusco in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 09:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus picture

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus

$64.95



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Vintage Apple Disk IIc A2M4050 5.25 Floppy Drive Original Box Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple Disk IIc A2M4050 5.25 Floppy Drive Original Box Tested Working

$144.99



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00