I've only been using mepis linux for about a year now, and I've self taught myself on alot of things, but I don't get this problem...
Whenever I want to run as root, I can in the console. (su, then password). But when I open file manager su mode or mepis config (os center) in GUI mode it wont accept my password.
so I tried changing the password in the console and this is what I got:
I have no idea what to do.root@2[thehuntedcat]# kdesu
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified
kdesu: cannot connect to X server :0.0
root@2[thehuntedcat]# xhost +
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified
xhost: unable to open display ":0.0"
root@2[thehuntedcat]# synaptic
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified
(synaptic:7936): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
root@2[thehuntedcat]# konqueror
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified
konqueror: cannot connect to X server :0.0
I went and looked at more forums, and people have been telling me to use xauth, so I typed that in, then when I went to list it doesnt work.
Anybody got any ideas?root@2[thehuntedcat]# xauth
xauth: creating new authority file /root/.Xauthority
Using authority file /root/.Xauthority
xauth> list
xauth> list![]()

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD
$200.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0" 128GB Black SM-X210
$139.99
Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkinĀ® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99