-
Knoppix 5.0.1 doesn't load module for Adaptec aha1542CP card
I have a Knoppix CD that I burnt from KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso
When I boot from this CD, Knoppix does not load the module for my Adaptec aha1542CP plug and play ISA card. I have examined the boot messages with dmesg and this shows that the isa pnp detection found the AHA-1542CP card.
I have booted into single user mode and confirmed that the command
modprobe aha1542
does load the driver for the card. When the driver loads my external SCSI ZIP drive attached to the card is also detected.
Does anyone know why the aha1542 module is not being automatically loaded ?
Is there anything I can add to the boot command line to make it load ? I tried adding "aha1542" and this didn't work.
Similar Threads
-
By tofu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 03:56 AM
-
By user unknown in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 10:10 AM
-
By probono in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 02:16 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By catfish in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-10-2003, 01:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00