I have a Knoppix CD that I burnt from KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso
When I boot from this CD, Knoppix does not load the module for my Adaptec aha1542CP plug and play ISA card. I have examined the boot messages with dmesg and this shows that the isa pnp detection found the AHA-1542CP card.
I have booted into single user mode and confirmed that the command
modprobe aha1542
does load the driver for the card. When the driver loads my external SCSI ZIP drive attached to the card is also detected.
Does anyone know why the aha1542 module is not being automatically loaded ?
Is there anything I can add to the boot command line to make it load ? I tried adding "aha1542" and this didn't work.

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99