-
Scared to use qtparted or gparted
I have a three year old Toshiba laptop that boots both MS WindowsXP Home and Kubuntu, but I want to downgrade it to a Windows-only system. I would like to backup the disk image to an external USB hard drive (no problem using dd), but I'm very afraid of extending the current Windows partition using qtparted or gparted and not being able to restore my Windows partition if it fails. (If I remember, dd would require me to restore the Windows partition EXACTLY to size.)
Can someone point me to a specific set of instructions? Has anyone used qtparted or gparted to extend their working Windows partition successfully? (If I lose the ability to use the windows configuration I have, I will lose a client. The software for the client's stuff is on this partition and I will not be able to re-install it. I want to extend the ntfs partition because I need more space for the data files.)
I really like having both LINUX and Windows on this system, and I have cygwin installed on the WXP, but cygwin is not totally satisfactory. (Neither is the Apache2triad installation I have on that partition, but I need a local Apache server for testing my Web development.) I think I'd be better off removing cygwin and using an embedded version of DSL or using Puppy when I need Linux capabilities.
Any feedback will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike B.
Similar Threads
-
By geomur in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-23-2008, 11:53 AM
-
By Harry 62 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-30-2007, 08:11 PM
-
By grandad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-15-2005, 02:17 PM
-
By Audax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 01:29 PM
-
By SpankySTD in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

LOT 37pcs MIXED VINTAGE HP DOT MATRIX, SPIDER LEADS IC GOLD LEGS, ETC, UNTESTED,
$100.00

🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS �
$309.00

Vintage NICE Plus 486 USA Motherboard Intel i486 DX2 CPU Manual Expansion Card
$224.99

Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM
$149.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Dell RT9410 V6FTW Keyboard & Logitech MouseMan Wheel Mouse Bundle
$37.99

Vintage Western Digital, 8-Bit Controller Card WD1004-27X - New
$69.99

Vintage Apple IIe Card Y-Cable Splitter for Joystick and Floppy Drive 590-0703-A
$125.00

Vintage 1980s PC XT Clone Motherboard 8088 CPU 8-Bit ISA Slots Untested
$69.77

Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer Model A2S2064 w/ Power Cord
$120.02