Sorry, solved the the network issue. DHCP wasn't starting in this run level.
I'm making a Knoppix based distro from bootstrap following the instructions from:
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/....438057b8.html
and
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Debootstrap_to_LiveCD
Just two problems I'd like input on:
1.) I now have the autoconfig working, and X is starting on boot, but dispite changing it in a number of places, it still wants to boot to KDE and not blackbox (which is the only windowmanager I'm installing). Also, the resolution is being set too high be the knoppix scripts, is there an easy way to control resolution while it's generating the Xorg config/XF89 config?
2.) Networking is also troublesome, ifconfig returns nothing (and I mean nothing). I have all the netconfig packages for knoppix installed. I haven't looked into this much, yet... So I can't post dmesg and such yet.
Sorry, solved the the network issue. DHCP wasn't starting in this run level.
Default Resolution is still not set correctly on boot, and specifying it at the ISOLinux boot prompt didn't help. Any suggestions?
Wow... My old post. Do you still need help w/ a default resolution?

Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95
$119.99
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99