-
Remastering from debootstrap...
I'm making a Knoppix based distro from bootstrap following the instructions from:
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/....438057b8.html
and
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Debootstrap_to_LiveCD
Just two problems I'd like input on:
1.) I now have the autoconfig working, and X is starting on boot, but dispite changing it in a number of places, it still wants to boot to KDE and not blackbox (which is the only windowmanager I'm installing). Also, the resolution is being set too high be the knoppix scripts, is there an easy way to control resolution while it's generating the Xorg config/XF89 config?
2.) Networking is also troublesome, ifconfig returns nothing (and I mean nothing). I have all the netconfig packages for knoppix installed. I haven't looked into this much, yet... So I can't post dmesg and such yet.
Similar Threads
-
By Albretch in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-10-2006, 06:20 AM
-
By SNIa in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-08-2006, 06:00 AM
-
By Albretch in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-29-2005, 08:32 AM
-
By hiweed in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 04:39 AM
-
By doelle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 09:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50