Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can not Boot remastered CD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1

    Can not Boot remastered CD

    Hi,

    I tried to remaster Knoppix 5.0.1 and 4.0.2, using the manual presentet in the HOWTO on Knoppix.org. When I try to boot from my CD, I come to the Knoppix Bootscreen, but after the Knoppixscreen I receive an error which tells me something about an ELSA video card and to choose some displayoption about rows and columns, when I choose an option, I receive the Message: invalid compressed format (err=2). How can I solve this? The Knoppix Iso I downloaded Boots without problems and since I receive the Bootscreen and and uncompressing is startet, I guess something must be wrong with the ISO filesystem I created.... Is there something to change in this command:
    Code:
    mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" --publisher "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/hda4/knxsource/KNOPPIX | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda4/knxmaster/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
    or does anyone has some idea what might be the problem?? Thanks a lot....

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    103
    Try the easy way to remaster. It is here:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12530

    I used it more than 100 times. It works graet.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7
    That creates the KNOPPIX file... make sure you're not running out of memory or over burning the CD.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by knopx4me
    Try the easy way to remaster. It is here:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12530

    I used it more than 100 times. It works graet.
    The link to download the script is dead. Anyone where I can get it? Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. remastered cd will not boot
    By bart_999 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 09:21 AM
  2. Boot error on remastered from-hd CD 4.0.2
    By Heliox in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 07:25 PM
  3. Remastered CD cannot boot on certain machines
    By pendrag in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 08:19 AM
  4. Remastered ISO fails to boot
    By mwagner_00 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 11:12 PM
  5. Remastered CD fails to boot
    By bhaskar in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 07:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



HP ZBook Firefly 14

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC

$184.99



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT

$225.00



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY picture

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY

$39.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98



Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex picture

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex

$159.99