Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: boot hang-up - Checking for for USB....

  1. #1

    boot hang-up - Checking for for USB....

    OK.
    I have now had this problem on 3 separate (& very different) machines. When attempting to boot off the Knoppix 5.0.1 cd, the process starts, but hangs indefinitely @ the first detection, which is "Checking for for USB...."
    I would like to know if anyone else has had this type of problem & what solutions we can come up with. Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    It's not a commonly reported problem. Did you confirm the md5 sum of the iso before burning, and did you make the burn at slow speed?
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    I had not md5'd yet, but I did now, with 4 different programs, & they all check-out, so it's not that. I am using a CD-RW, so my burning speed is limited by the disc to 10x. Now, on this recent test, I left it & left the room for ~1 hour to go do something else. When I came back, I got the oh, so familiar, "Can't find knoppix filesystem, sorry" >_>
    I have since had the same problem with the knoppix dvd, which the image also checks out fine.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    slow in this case is 4x or lower. some burners can not go lower than 8x but...

Similar Threads

  1. Hang during boot-up
    By yhw22 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 04:16 PM
  2. Live CD has caused windows ME to hang during boot!!
    By mightymidget in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 08:44 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 04:25 AM
  4. Knoppix hang on boot after detecting the mouse...
    By tommydl in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 01:15 PM
  5. Hang on CD boot initialization
    By robm in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 12:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1671.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$462.74



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99