It's not a commonly reported problem. Did you confirm the md5 sum of the iso before burning, and did you make the burn at slow speed?
OK.
I have now had this problem on 3 separate (& very different) machines. When attempting to boot off the Knoppix 5.0.1 cd, the process starts, but hangs indefinitely @ the first detection, which is "Checking for for USB...."
I would like to know if anyone else has had this type of problem & what solutions we can come up with. Thanks in advance!
It's not a commonly reported problem. Did you confirm the md5 sum of the iso before burning, and did you make the burn at slow speed?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I had not md5'd yet, but I did now, with 4 different programs, & they all check-out, so it's not that. I am using a CD-RW, so my burning speed is limited by the disc to 10x. Now, on this recent test, I left it & left the room for ~1 hour to go do something else. When I came back, I got the oh, so familiar, "Can't find knoppix filesystem, sorry" >_>
I have since had the same problem with the knoppix dvd, which the image also checks out fine.
slow in this case is 4x or lower. some burners can not go lower than 8x but...

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99