View Poll Results: Where did you dl 3.2 from?
- Voters
- 3. You may not vote on this poll
-
KNOPPER.ORG link
-
Other
-
NA
-
Knoppix v3.2 will not boot at all...
I've burned the CD 2 different ways. It isn't booting. It doesn't even give me an error message. It just boots normally into Windows. I've tried to boot the cd in three different systems each way I've attempted to reorganize the files.
No luck. Did I get a bumb dl? (700meg it better not have been!)
The autorun works fine. I can browse the CD with no problem, even in DOS. It just won't boot.
-
Did you download the MD5 sum for the iso file?
Download the MD5 file that goes with the iso you downloaded and get MD5summer for windows and check that the iso you downloaded didn't get corrupted.
The MD5 file is a checksum for the knoppix iso file and when used with md5summer it will tell you if there is a problem with your downloded file.
http://www.md5summer.com/
-

Originally Posted by
adamm
Did you download the MD5 sum for the iso file?
Download the MD5 file that goes with the iso you downloaded and get MD5summer for windows and check that the iso you downloaded didn't get corrupted.
The MD5 file is a checksum for the knoppix iso file and when used with md5summer it will tell you if there is a problem with your downloded file.
http://www.md5summer.com/
Thanks! I'll let you know if that does the trick.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Knoppix v3.2 will not boot at all...
--Go into the \KNOPPIX directory on the CD and click the ' mkfloppy.bat ' file. This will make a boot floppy. CD and floppy must be in at the same time when you boot.

Originally Posted by
davet
I've burned the CD 2 different ways. It isn't booting. It doesn't even give me an error message. It just boots normally into Windows. I've tried to boot the cd in three different systems each way I've attempted to reorganize the files.
No luck. Did I get a bumb dl? (700meg it better not have been!)
The autorun works fine. I can browse the CD with no problem, even in DOS. It just won't boot.
Similar Threads
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By J.A.X in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 02:52 AM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
-
By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-LRM 10GBASE-LRM SFP+ Module for MMF and SMF 10-2456-03 Genuine
$25.00

NVIDIA MMA1Z00-NS400 400Gb QSFP112 SR4 Optical Transceiver Module 850nm New
$500.00

Trenz Electronic SFP to SMA Adapter Board PCB Module
$105.00