so far i believe everybodys having lots of problems with knoppix, i could suggest trying populer name brand printers like lexmark or cannon.
Even im having problems getting drivers to work with my wireless card and no-one seem's to want to help.
Does 5.0.1 have some kind of bug dealing with printer drivers? o_o I've tried setting up numerous printers, both on a network and right through a USB port, but alas, 5.0.1 can't seem to load any drivers for any of them, no matter which models and makes I choose. Maybe I just have a bad copy, but is there anything I can do to fix this? I really need my printer to work. ):
Any help would be greatly appreciated.![]()
so far i believe everybodys having lots of problems with knoppix, i could suggest trying populer name brand printers like lexmark or cannon.
Even im having problems getting drivers to work with my wireless card and no-one seem's to want to help.
Well if it makes it any easier for someone to help with any of this, the error message specifically says "Unable to create Footmatic Driver [printer name]. Either the driver does not exist, or you do not have permission to load that driver."
I'm thinking maybe just logging in as root might help?![]()

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00