so far i believe everybodys having lots of problems with knoppix, i could suggest trying populer name brand printers like lexmark or cannon.
Even im having problems getting drivers to work with my wireless card and no-one seem's to want to help.
Does 5.0.1 have some kind of bug dealing with printer drivers? o_o I've tried setting up numerous printers, both on a network and right through a USB port, but alas, 5.0.1 can't seem to load any drivers for any of them, no matter which models and makes I choose. Maybe I just have a bad copy, but is there anything I can do to fix this? I really need my printer to work. ):
Any help would be greatly appreciated.![]()
so far i believe everybodys having lots of problems with knoppix, i could suggest trying populer name brand printers like lexmark or cannon.
Even im having problems getting drivers to work with my wireless card and no-one seem's to want to help.
Well if it makes it any easier for someone to help with any of this, the error message specifically says "Unable to create Footmatic Driver [printer name]. Either the driver does not exist, or you do not have permission to load that driver."
I'm thinking maybe just logging in as root might help?![]()

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$70.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99
vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$15.99