I just installed apache2, mysql5, and php5 via apt...
now, when I load up the localhost, I get a new home dir of /localhost/apach2-default/
also, when I manually type in my index page for my local site, /localhost/index.html , I get a prompt to download the php file instead of displaying the page !
HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(also, in relation to this problem, I have tried to edit the apache2 config file to redirect the homepage but I can't seem to make it work no matter what I do) !

Apple Macintosh Quadra 605 Vintage Desktop Computer, Model M1476 Untested
$299.00
Macintosh Pascal Lowell Carmony Robert Holliday Vintage 1985 Apple Mac Tech Book
$25.00
Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00
Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99
Vintage Apple Keyboard M0116 ADB Macintosh Mechanical Tested Working w Cable
$79.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$155.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
AppleDesign Keyboard M2980 ADB Vintage Macintosh Apple IIgs Full Size Tested
$54.99
Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00
Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99