-
Games Knoppix
What happened to games-knoppix.org? It appears to be down. Is it dead?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I noticed. I was looking forward to using the latest version for a remaster. I sent an email to who I thought the developer was but no reply yet. Can anyone post a torrent of the Games-Knoppix version 5.1-04 that was included in the German magazine PC Game Hardware?
-
Knoppix
I'm pretty sure that knoppix was just knoppix 5.01 which is available all over the place. The latest games knoppix I can find is 4.0.2-0.3. Finding an FTP for that one was pretty hard too. It is out of bittorrent though.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
There was a DVD Games Knoppix (built from Knoppix 4.x but not from the Knoppix team) that was released over a year ago, around the time Knoppix 4.0.2 was released. It included ATI and Nvidia hardware drivers, as well as many more games than the Knoppix Games CD. It was available from the Knoppix torrent site and, I would think but am not sure, many of the mirrors. It vanished from the Knoppix Torrent server around the time that 5.0.1 came out. I have no information on why it has vanished.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Cashed text from now dead www.games-knoppix.org
News: Games Knoppix 5.1-0.4 in PCGH
Games Knoppix 5.1-0.4 in PCGH
13.10.2006
The current PC Games Hardware includes a special version of the upcoming Games Knoppix. The public release will be on Friday, the 20.10.2006. The missing feature (tm) isn't finished yet...give us an additional week...
Stay tuned...
-
Games Knoppix dead?
It is really a dead project? I actually had a short email chat with Klaus Knopper yesterday and he seemed unaware that games-knoppix.org was down. Did anyone out there (in Germany i suppose) buy the October PCGH with the DVD in it? Would they be willing to make an iso and .torrent it?
-
Senior Member
registered user
None of our German friends can get a copy and post it?
-
Knoppix-Games is back
There is a post on their site, from January 3rd, that they are working on it. I am actually watching this project as well, as I am trying to get my kids hooked on Linux using this.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Sorry for reviving an old thread...
...but I got interested in this thread because I was also wondering when a new version + new torrent will be be released.
On their site, the development team says they are collecting suggestions and busy with making a new version. Their mail adress is also on the site for comments and suggestions.
For people who can't wait or want Games + Linux for their children, you could try the live Games DVD made by Linux-Gamers.net (based on ArchE Linux):
http://live.linux-gamers.net
-
So they are making version, am I right?
Similar Threads
-
By pureone in forum Games
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-31-2005, 02:52 PM
-
By invictius in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 02:47 PM
-
By trekeyus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 10:56 PM
-
By Arsène Lupin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 02:43 PM
-
Replies: 15
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 08:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99