What happened to games-knoppix.org? It appears to be down. Is it dead?![]()
What happened to games-knoppix.org? It appears to be down. Is it dead?![]()
I noticed. I was looking forward to using the latest version for a remaster. I sent an email to who I thought the developer was but no reply yet. Can anyone post a torrent of the Games-Knoppix version 5.1-04 that was included in the German magazine PC Game Hardware?
I'm pretty sure that knoppix was just knoppix 5.01 which is available all over the place. The latest games knoppix I can find is 4.0.2-0.3. Finding an FTP for that one was pretty hard too. It is out of bittorrent though.
There was a DVD Games Knoppix (built from Knoppix 4.x but not from the Knoppix team) that was released over a year ago, around the time Knoppix 4.0.2 was released. It included ATI and Nvidia hardware drivers, as well as many more games than the Knoppix Games CD. It was available from the Knoppix torrent site and, I would think but am not sure, many of the mirrors. It vanished from the Knoppix Torrent server around the time that 5.0.1 came out. I have no information on why it has vanished.
Cashed text from now dead www.games-knoppix.org
News: Games Knoppix 5.1-0.4 in PCGH
Games Knoppix 5.1-0.4 in PCGH
13.10.2006
The current PC Games Hardware includes a special version of the upcoming Games Knoppix. The public release will be on Friday, the 20.10.2006. The missing feature (tm) isn't finished yet...give us an additional week...
Stay tuned...
It is really a dead project? I actually had a short email chat with Klaus Knopper yesterday and he seemed unaware that games-knoppix.org was down. Did anyone out there (in Germany i suppose) buy the October PCGH with the DVD in it? Would they be willing to make an iso and .torrent it?
None of our German friends can get a copy and post it?
There is a post on their site, from January 3rd, that they are working on it. I am actually watching this project as well, as I am trying to get my kids hooked on Linux using this.![]()
Sorry for reviving an old thread...
...but I got interested in this thread because I was also wondering when a new version + new torrent will be be released.
On their site, the development team says they are collecting suggestions and busy with making a new version. Their mail adress is also on the site for comments and suggestions.
For people who can't wait or want Games + Linux for their children, you could try the live Games DVD made by Linux-Gamers.net (based on ArchE Linux):
http://live.linux-gamers.net
So they are making version, am I right?

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$94.95