Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Blank Screen, using koppix cd iso

  1. #1

    Blank Screen, using koppix cd iso

    Greeting, I have a bit of a problem here...

    Background: I downloaded the Knoppix CD .iso torrent. Proceeded to burn .iso to cd. I changed my boot device priorities and load the CD.

    Problem: After what looks like a successful booting of linux my screen will suddenly flick to black and remain this way. The only way to exit this is to restart the computer. Hmmm, curious no?

    My thoughts are (1) maybe I dowloaded a corrupt torrent (2) a problem with my video drivers. I don't know how feasible each of these are but I figured I would ask for the opinions of experienced users before I start to labor over troubleshooting on my own.

    Would appreciate some help

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Blank Screen, using koppix cd iso

    Quote Originally Posted by famousnation
    My thoughts are (1) maybe I dowloaded a corrupt torrent ...
    BitTorrent contains it's own error correction software so a torrent is very seldom corrupt if downloaded properly (I do know someone who got a bad download by stopping the download as soon as he saw 100% rather than wait for the download to really finish), but since there is a md5 checksum included with the torrent you should never have any doubt if the download is good or not as long as you did the simple test. There are other things that could have gone wrong also, and if you missed the md5 test then you might have missed them too. I suggest reading the downloading faq as covered in answer #1. And yes, it could be a video issue also, particularly if Knoppix is pushing the monitor into a video mode it can't display. See the cheat code section of the wiki on that issue, but I would suggest looking at the downloading faq first.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. blank screen
    By theagemaway in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 09:07 PM
  2. how to keep from getting just a blank screen?
    By nuB71705 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 06:20 AM
  3. Blank Screen
    By Fish in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 10:37 PM
  4. all i get is a blank screen??
    By slime101 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 01:33 AM
  5. Help! blank screen on install v3.3
    By gavin in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD picture

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD

$100.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00