Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: black screen, used boot cheat codes

  1. #11
    Gah, I'm using the v. 5.0.1 CD, so maybe that thread isn't relevant.

    Maybe I should abondon knoppix and look into Debian as you suggested Harry.

    I don't know. I'm new to all of this.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264

    Re: black screen, used boot cheat codes

    Quote Originally Posted by famousnation
    I have an uncorrupted iso image CD, correctly burned. However, when knoppix boots it seems to be successful, yet after I am given a brief message about windows xp the screen flicks to black.
    I just booted a slightly older slower (small hard drive) system
    and the last thing you see, in pretty blue
    is the

    Starting the X Window System

    which would be just before it kicks into to gui mode

    I'd be going with looking at re-fresh rates
    one of my systems auto started at 100hz, which is ok, except i hadn't set my monitor to be centered there
    put it back to 75hz and it was fine

    now, that system part of X in
    /etc/X11
    I hink it's xorg.conf you want to check for enabling unavailable desktop sizes
    so that would be where you might limit refresh rates

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5
    You are not the only one with this problem. I have some new built PCs in my classroom that have ASUS A9250 AGP Video cards. The intent was to demonstrate how PCs with only a CD-ROM and no Hard Drive could still be used to access the Internet using the Knoppix disk.
    I encountered exactly the same problem as you, and have been unable to troubleshoot the problem so far using cheat codes.


    Monitor (tried several different models) and video card characteristics are recognized during the boot, and I can complete a boot to Mode 2. Any attempt to initiate startx results in black screen.

    A significant commonality is that both of the Video cards are using ATI technology.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. BLack Screen after boot
    By Aspra in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2006, 11:57 PM
  2. Black Screen on Boot
    By RDReavis in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 09:12 PM
  3. Setting default boot Cheat Codes
    By cld in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 01:45 PM
  4. Black screen on boot
    By alexx-rc1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2003, 10:07 AM
  5. Black screen during the boot
    By Sigmatador in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Commodore A500  - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage picture

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage

$200.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy picture

Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy

$499.99



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T) picture

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)

$329.98



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2 picture

Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2

$75.00



68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter picture

68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter

$25.00