Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Video problems with Geforce 7800GT

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3

    Video problems with Geforce 7800GT

    I have a working copy of Knoppix 5.0.1 but when I boot from it I get to the "splash" screen (the screen that shows Knoppix 5.0 with pistons in the background) but I don't see the pistons or anything the screen is, for lack of a better term, scrambled. I left it alone thinking it 'might' fix itself but doesn't. I am fairly proficient with computers and I have some minimal experience with Linux, but I am lost as to what to do.

    Here is my full system specs:

    AMD 3800 X2
    BFG Geforce 7800 GT
    ABIT AN8
    2 GB of DDR 400 Ram


    Thanks for any help!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3
    Ok I have tried a few of the boot options:

    Knoppix noagp
    Does nothing to help. The screen is still scrambled.

    failsafe
    Works. I can get into knoppix without any problems using the failsafe boot option, but when I do that I no longer have any internet or other "advanced" modules loaded. But still, it works.

    Any suggestions as to another way to boot knoppix that is not quite as restricting as 'failsafe'?


    Thanks!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    do the burn again ....

    I had it once where most of the splash screen was there but the links wouldn't work when it autoloaded in windows
    some of the cd wasn't there

    and scrambled sort of shows it can't read the bmp for the splashcreen correctly

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for the tip. I might burn it again, however the CD works fine in 2 other (older) computers and works fine on my computer as long as I use 'failsafe'.

    But either way I will give it a try.
    Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. GeForce 440 GO video card problem
    By kingfish600 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 12:19 AM
  2. video problems
    By JFAB in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 02:41 AM
  3. Video Problems after booting 3.3
    By smittan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 08:01 PM
  4. HDD/Video problems
    By gsanvic in forum Laptops
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 06:59 AM
  5. Video problems
    By frannette in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-24-2003, 08:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz 8 Core Processor

$85.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



Intel Core i7-7700 SR338 3.6GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 Kaby Lake CPU Processor - Good picture

Intel Core i7-7700 SR338 3.6GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 Kaby Lake CPU Processor - Good

$39.99



Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU picture

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU

$39.99



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13  3.0 GHz  Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU

$80.00



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99