Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Video problems with Geforce 7800GT

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3

    Video problems with Geforce 7800GT

    I have a working copy of Knoppix 5.0.1 but when I boot from it I get to the "splash" screen (the screen that shows Knoppix 5.0 with pistons in the background) but I don't see the pistons or anything the screen is, for lack of a better term, scrambled. I left it alone thinking it 'might' fix itself but doesn't. I am fairly proficient with computers and I have some minimal experience with Linux, but I am lost as to what to do.

    Here is my full system specs:

    AMD 3800 X2
    BFG Geforce 7800 GT
    ABIT AN8
    2 GB of DDR 400 Ram


    Thanks for any help!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3
    Ok I have tried a few of the boot options:

    Knoppix noagp
    Does nothing to help. The screen is still scrambled.

    failsafe
    Works. I can get into knoppix without any problems using the failsafe boot option, but when I do that I no longer have any internet or other "advanced" modules loaded. But still, it works.

    Any suggestions as to another way to boot knoppix that is not quite as restricting as 'failsafe'?


    Thanks!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    do the burn again ....

    I had it once where most of the splash screen was there but the links wouldn't work when it autoloaded in windows
    some of the cd wasn't there

    and scrambled sort of shows it can't read the bmp for the splashcreen correctly

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for the tip. I might burn it again, however the CD works fine in 2 other (older) computers and works fine on my computer as long as I use 'failsafe'.

    But either way I will give it a try.
    Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. GeForce 440 GO video card problem
    By kingfish600 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 12:19 AM
  2. video problems
    By JFAB in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 02:41 AM
  3. Video Problems after booting 3.3
    By smittan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 08:01 PM
  4. HDD/Video problems
    By gsanvic in forum Laptops
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 06:59 AM
  5. Video problems
    By frannette in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-24-2003, 08:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI) picture

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)

$359.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA  HDD picture

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD

$14.99



Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset) picture

Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)

$18.99



HighPoint Technologies Rocket 133 PCI IDE RAID Controller Card picture

HighPoint Technologies Rocket 133 PCI IDE RAID Controller Card

$35.00