-
Junior Member
registered user
Wireless is close, but no joy.... (YET)
I have an old compaq 1700t laptop. The wireless card is from Dlink g530 (I think, not in front of me now).
I can see a GREAT signal (from my router). The card is getting a IPV6 address but not getting a regular IP from the router.
The router is set for DHCP. If I go to another computer and look at the routers' config, I can see is assigned an IP to my
card. Just the card is not picking it up.
How do I get the card to accept the address from the router??? Now, I do not really want to get the address assigned
(VIA the other computer) and force the address on the wireless card. I'd like to get the card to ACCEPT whatever address
is assigned to it. I think if I have to "force" the address, it will me up the ability to get into public hot spots....
TIA
Radnor
Similar Threads
-
By WBaumgartner in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-25-2006, 02:10 PM
-
By vtechstu in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 10:56 PM
-
By florin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 06:12 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 01:07 PM
-
By computerkid14 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-05-2003, 01:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 64GB PC4-2666V Server Memory M386A8K40BM2-CTD
$339.99

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99

Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 NVME PCIE 4.0 V-NAND Internal SSD
$210.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00

Samsung LC34G55TWDNXZA 34" Odyssey G55T WQHD 165Hz 1ms(MPRT) AMD FreeSync HDR
$217.00

USB C to Type C Cable Fast Charger For Samsung Galaxy S8 S9 S10 Plus Note 10 12
$5.00