I have an old compaq 1700t laptop. The wireless card is from Dlink g530 (I think, not in front of me now).
I can see a GREAT signal (from my router). The card is getting a IPV6 address but not getting a regular IP from the router.
The router is set for DHCP. If I go to another computer and look at the routers' config, I can see is assigned an IP to my
card. Just the card is not picking it up.
How do I get the card to accept the address from the router??? Now, I do not really want to get the address assigned
(VIA the other computer) and force the address on the wireless card. I'd like to get the card to ACCEPT whatever address
is assigned to it. I think if I have to "force" the address, it will me up the ability to get into public hot spots....
TIA
Radnor

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade
$15.95
Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99
HP Z2 G5 Workstation Xeon W-1250 32GB 1TB SSD NVIDIA RTX 4000 Win11 Pro
$560.00