Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: how to install. new to filesystem

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    how to install. new to filesystem

    Ok, after I installed knoppix on my hdd, (maby bad, but dreamlinux wouldn't boot, and neither would PHLAK) I realized that I would need a html WYSIWYG editor. I downloaded the program as linuxhtmleditor.tar.bz2. linux opened it as an archived file, and thats not what I want. When I downloaded it was I supposed to leave out the .bz2, or is it fine as it is? I really need this program for school work, and I would appricate help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    try
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install linuxhtmleditor
    just as a comment, as far as I know Knoppix has atleast two html-editors already.

  3. #3

    really?

    In the menu, they only pop up as text editors. Not WYSIWYG, like I need. Unless I missed something.

    [edit] when I tried what you suggusted, I got an error that said: username is not in the sudoers file. This inicident will be reported.

    WTF?

Similar Threads

  1. Which filesystem you are using?
    By computerophil in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 05:31 AM
  2. Filesystem
    By midget in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 07:34 PM
  3. Trying to Resize Windows Filesystem for Knoppix/DEB Install
    By rossi in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 09:24 PM
  4. Install as RO filesystem
    By als in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 03:09 AM
  5. Install over previous ReiserFS filesystem stalls.
    By mallyone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$12.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01