-
Trouble Booting to the Live CD...
Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hda.../cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/insmod: I/O Error
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
My keyboard seems to not function as well.
I've tried the nodma and failsafe options but both didn't make a difference.
Any ideas?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
This problem is often seen with a bad burn, bad media, or a burn done at high speed, or a marginal optical drive. I don't have enough information to say if any of these things affect you.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
I've made two burns on different computers... I've used these CDs before for other burns and they worked fine. I still get the same error. Maybe I got a bad iso file? What's the next step in the troubleshooting process?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
wgh
I've made two burns on different computers... I've used these CDs before for other burns and they worked fine. I still get the same error. Maybe I got a bad iso file? What's the next step in the troubleshooting process?
See answer #1, it covers your bad iso question and a lot more. How fast did you do those two burns?
-
Code:
Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hda.../cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/insmod: I/O Error
The latest knoppix 5.0.1 CD has the media file now implemented at boot. So if you used the cheat codes try:
knoppix myconf=/media/hda...
-
I have the same problem too
and I try what Wka suggested but it still doesn't work
-
Code:
Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hda.../cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/insmod: I/O Error
The CD is located at /dev/hda? My CD is at /dev/hdc
How is your box configured? Cause hda is usually the HDD.
I had a while back i had a gateway on the HDD with hde.
Or are u using the poor mans install?
BTW, If you have Linux or Windows on the HDD you can double check the CD. There should be a number of icons there.
Another thought: Either make your BIOS start your CD first or if you have an F12 just before boot to the menu and choose CD.
Read here. It's Mr Kuhmans' notes. It's very informative.
Read and re-read it all!!
-
Perhaps I missed the solution to the posted problems. I am having similar trouble booting Knoppix on two more recent Dell computers. It works on older Dell's. I did try several of the boot options: the failsafe boots but then my keyboard doesn't work. I assume I need to find the correct boot option but don't know what it is.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
tscott
... the failsafe boots but then my keyboard doesn't work.....
Sounds like in your case the disc is likely good, it's just a hardware issue with Knoppix. I don't know the proper "cheat code" if any, but you might want to look at your system BIOS and see if there is any setting that will help you get the keyboard working, particularly if this is a USB keyboard rather than a standard PS2 style keyboard.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Maybe the ACPI is enabled by default in BIOS and there isn“t an option to disable it. try
knoppix noapic acpi=off
hope this helps
Similar Threads
-
By hanktank in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 29
Last Post: 11-15-2006, 05:37 PM
-
By Ironfighter in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-29-2006, 09:59 AM
-
By njmetalmeister in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 11:26 PM
-
By Polo2883 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 12:01 AM
-
By joinf in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-02-2003, 10:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99