-
Wireless connection trouble with 5.01
Seems to be a common sentiment here, but...
I'm unable to use Knoppix 5.01 (DVD) with my WiFi card.
Salient information:
D-link dwl-g630 rev. c2
Is 'seen' by settings->network as ATH0.
Is also seen by kwifimanager as the same.
Am able to get into properties and set the SSID to the proper SSID for the network.
DHCP brings up "unable to activate interface" dialog.
Setting everything manually allows me to activate the interface.
However, nothing can connect.
Tried ndiswrapper with proper drivers (suggested by the ndiswrapper wiki for this SPECIFIC revision), got the modprobe error that everyone seems to get. (which seems to be unrelated to my specific hardware).
Am i doing it wrong?
-
Junior Member
registered user
I have the same wifi card. I can see it etc. Only thing it will NOT obtain an IP address. This is the only thing I am missing (I think).
If I resolve it, will post it.
Similar Threads
-
By jcampbe in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2006, 02:34 AM
-
By amoore in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-22-2005, 08:16 PM
-
By cpacers31 in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 05:55 AM
-
By Rasalibra in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 11:25 AM
-
By redhat11 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-08-2004, 11:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01