Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Blacklist? Is this my answer?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2

    Blacklist? Is this my answer?

    Hello! I'm having some fun with getting a dell wireless 1390 to work in knoppix. I've finally gotten ndiswrapper to install and I get the very satisfying ndiswrapper -l to say bcmwl5 drivers present hardware present. Next problem is just getting the wlan configuration tool to recognize the card. I've seen one or two posts concerning blacklisting hardware. I don't see how to blacklist the necessary files, or really what blacklisting is exactly. Or the correct files to put into the blacklist. Any help is appreciated, and I will share everything I learn with anyone else down the road who may have a dell inspiron e1505 with the internal 1390 wireless card. Thanx in advance.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2

    update:now I can't install the wlan0 module into modprobe

    Okay, found some great posts on several different forums. Here's the steps I've taken:
    ndiswrapper -i bcmwl5.inf
    Got the hardware present driver present.
    ndiswrapper -m
    inserted into modprobe.conf
    now when I do modprobe wlan0 I get a fatal error.
    FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid argument
    There we go. More on the morrow.
    G'night.
    Nik

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    168
    modprobe ndiswrapper
    .
    dhcpcd wlan0 (or netcardconfig and select your wireless card "wlan0" and dhcp)
    .
    probably is what you want
    Albretch

Similar Threads

  1. blacklist old drivers
    By coogor in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 12:18 PM
  2. blacklist at boot prompt?
    By joekrahn in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 05:16 PM
  3. ndiswrapper blacklist - howto with write-protected CD?
    By longlostname in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 07:05 PM
  4. is the only answer remastering?
    By Reaper in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 08:19 PM
  5. I can't find a clear answer please help!!!!
    By braveerudite in forum General Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 07:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99