-
Need help with samba for backup session using knoppix
I've got an xfs root filesystem that I want to back up remotely using knoppix.
Using the gui I've got the remote shares I want to back up to mounted but I am having trouble using the command line to mount the remote filesystem to a local directory like /mnt/media.
The whole reason for that is that I'm using xfsdump which only accepts commandline arguments for the file output.
So the real question is since I've got those filessytems I want to backup to already logged in to via the gui, is there anywhere noting that in the root filesystem that I can output to?
The regular mount commands are not working for whatever reason... but since they are already logged in to they have to be already visible somewhere... right?
Similar Threads
-
By jets in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2008, 07:49 AM
-
By camorri in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-20-2006, 06:57 PM
-
By holdman in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-18-2006, 08:56 PM
-
By user1 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-18-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$302.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

DISCOUNTED - $135 SABRENT Rocket Nano 1TB M.2 2242 NVMe PCIe SSD 3000MB/s
$105.00