-
Chroot Problem
I am trying to remaster KNOPPIX by following this wiki page:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto.
I copied the /KNOPPIX directory to my local hard drive using this command:
cp -Rp /KNOPPIX/* /mnt/sda1/knoppix-cd/KNOPPIX/
BTW: This hard drive is FAT32 is that why when I made a KNOPPIX directory it appeared as knoppix. Can I even do this from FAT32?
Then I tried to chroot into that directory by:
chroot /mnt/sda1/knoppix-cd/knoppix/ I get:
chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory
So, I tried running /mnt/sda1/knoppix-cd/knoppix/bin/bash and it works fine.
Here is what I did:
root@2[knoppix-cd]# chroot knoppix/
chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory
root@2[knoppix-cd]# ls knoppix/bin/bash
knoppix/bin/bash
root@2[knoppix-cd]# chroot /mnt/sda1/knoppix-cd/knoppix/
chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory
root@2[knoppix-cd]# ls /mnt/sda1/knoppix-cd/knoppix/bin/bash
/mnt/sda1/knoppix-cd/knoppix/bin/bash
root@2[knoppix-cd]# cd knoppix/
root@2[knoppix]# chroot ./
chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory
root@2[knoppix]# ./bin/bash
root@2[knoppix]#
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help.
David
Similar Threads
-
By frustrated user in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-21-2007, 09:58 PM
-
By bertheylen in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2006, 04:17 AM
-
By Gandalf_Grey_ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:53 AM
-
By estranged in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 10:54 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99

Promise Technology Pegasus2 R4 4Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage Array 8TB G2U
$169.99

HighPoint RS6614V 4-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID Enclosure - Mint
$349.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50