-
German Terminal
Hi,
I'm rather new to Linux, but have foundation skills. I recently HD Installed Knoppix 5.0 to my laptop working through a German knoppix-installer on the basis that after installation I could revert my language back to english. First problem I encountered was logging in under a German keyboard layout, for which I was forced to download a German Keyboard layout. After which I was able to access the KDE Control Centre and set my language to English for the KDE. This worked well and MOST KDE applications now display in english, with a few still starting in German (Ndiswrapper config, netcardconfig, etc) However, using terminal or konsole still returns manual files in german and all errors in german, as is the case in the login screen. I have changed the settings in /etc/default/locale to lang_en_US.
Is there any command I can run, or operation I can preform to set Knoppix to default english and US Keyboard layout?
Thankyou in advance
-
check the
Knoppix
Control Center
System Administration
Login Manager
Administrative Mode
Locale - Language
that field is not set to anything by default
and the top of the list is the Germanic language
change it to the second option
-
Senior Member
registered user
Maybe this is too obvious.... but be sure you are passing the lang=us option through your bootloader.
easy way to check: will display all of the bootflags that were passed to the kernel
Take Care,
-Justin
One Mynds Eye
-
Thankyou for your help,
After trying both methods, and still struggling with German I just reinstalled knoppix with the correct cheatcodes,
However, your replies are much appreciated
Similar Threads
-
By chaosnine in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-03-2017, 08:53 PM
-
By jmcculley in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-26-2007, 02:02 PM
-
By gatorhunter in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-02-2004, 12:44 AM
-
By IsaacKuo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
-
By bkw1a in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99