Using NdisWrapper tutorial for wireless net cards would be a great wiki article.
Ndis wrapper uses windows drivers to allow linux to use the wireless cards.
I have a compaq presario v5000 and have the bcmwl5 sys and ini but don't knwo where to put them and how to find what kind of card is in my laptop. Chips other id's etc. I have a wide open network no password.
I am running the newest cd of knoppix 5.01 i think I can hold stuff on a usb.

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Atari SX212 Modem for IBM Systems w/ Box, Owner's Manual & Power Adapter NOS
$125.00
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00