Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: HELP - Reinstall Windows XP

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3

    HELP - Reinstall Windows XP

    I have a Compaq Evo laptop. It has an external USB CD drive. There is no OS on the system. I have a non-bootable Windows XP install CD. I have a Knoppiz CD. How can I activate and then remove the Knoppix CD so that I may access the Windows CD and do the install??

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    is your windows cd non-bootable
    or is it you havent got it to boot from it yet .....

    it should boot
    though the exteranl usb cd is of course a source of a possible problem, (d'ya think?)
    check the bios boot settings for the boot sequence
    there should be a cd-rom floppy and hdd option
    and a look for further items option too

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3
    The CD is non-bootable. I have tried it on another PC.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Doesn't sound like a legitimate Windows CD. How do you think that Knoppix would be able to help? You can't run Windows programs like the Windows installer under Knoppix.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3

    Harry Kuhman

    Thank you for that I response. I thought perhaps I could install Windows under Knoppix. I have a bootable CD on order. Best regards.

Similar Threads

  1. problem in fixing grub after windows reinstall
    By tarekeldeeb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 10:45 PM
  2. Need to reinstall a windows file through linux....
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2004, 05:50 PM
  3. Help: how can I reinstall kicker?
    By jackiechen858 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 04:16 PM
  4. Reinstall from scratch?
    By bro in forum General Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 09:03 PM
  5. Reinstall wine
    By dobell in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$629.99



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM Power S922 9009-22A Power9 DDR4 10GbE 6X SFF Barebone Server picture

IBM Power S922 9009-22A Power9 DDR4 10GbE 6X SFF Barebone Server

$999.95



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



Ibm Computer Tower picture

Ibm Computer Tower

$400.00



IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD picture

IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD

$87.96