Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: HELP - Reinstall Windows XP

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3

    HELP - Reinstall Windows XP

    I have a Compaq Evo laptop. It has an external USB CD drive. There is no OS on the system. I have a non-bootable Windows XP install CD. I have a Knoppiz CD. How can I activate and then remove the Knoppix CD so that I may access the Windows CD and do the install??

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    is your windows cd non-bootable
    or is it you havent got it to boot from it yet .....

    it should boot
    though the exteranl usb cd is of course a source of a possible problem, (d'ya think?)
    check the bios boot settings for the boot sequence
    there should be a cd-rom floppy and hdd option
    and a look for further items option too

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3
    The CD is non-bootable. I have tried it on another PC.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Doesn't sound like a legitimate Windows CD. How do you think that Knoppix would be able to help? You can't run Windows programs like the Windows installer under Knoppix.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3

    Harry Kuhman

    Thank you for that I response. I thought perhaps I could install Windows under Knoppix. I have a bootable CD on order. Best regards.

Similar Threads

  1. problem in fixing grub after windows reinstall
    By tarekeldeeb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 10:45 PM
  2. Need to reinstall a windows file through linux....
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2004, 05:50 PM
  3. Help: how can I reinstall kicker?
    By jackiechen858 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 04:16 PM
  4. Reinstall from scratch?
    By bro in forum General Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 09:03 PM
  5. Reinstall wine
    By dobell in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage picture

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage

$74.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$299.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips  picture

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips

$145.00



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



DEC Vintage Module/Board Collectable Vintage chip - 1 BROKEN LEG (BO) picture

DEC Vintage Module/Board Collectable Vintage chip - 1 BROKEN LEG (BO)

$200.00



Vintage DEC (Digital Equipment Corp) TK-50 Tape Drive picture

Vintage DEC (Digital Equipment Corp) TK-50 Tape Drive

$80.00



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital M8933 module tape control TM03 common mode (B1) picture

Vintage DEC Digital M8933 module tape control TM03 common mode (B1)

$129.99