-
Is HD install with full HW detection possible?
Hi all,
I'm trying to install knoppix on a USB HD. I have already succeeded in doing so with the script knoppix-installer (with all three options: debian, knoppix, beginner). However, none of the installs seems to be what I am looking for.
I'd like to install Knoppix so that it goes thorugh all the hardware detection (exactly as on the CD) but mounts on a writeable filesystem (the USB HD) so that I can modify it without having to remaster. This way, I can plug the USB-HD to any computer and have a modifiable knoppix working.
Is that possible in any other way than modifying the "linuxrc" script to use an uncompressed filesystem?
Thanks in advance,
VĂ*ctor
Similar Threads
-
By ottosykora in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-26-2008, 12:10 AM
-
By lctn in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-03-2006, 10:42 PM
-
By clarjon1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 04:43 AM
-
By wavetel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-20-2005, 09:55 AM
-
By ight8 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5â SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate BarraCuda 28TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 3.5in Internal HDD ST28000DM000 - Tested
$670.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

Seagate ST2000NM0055 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD | Enterprise |
$69.00