-
Knoppix DVD HD install Options
Hi there,
I downloaded live DVD knoppix, I tested it out and I think it is great. Then I decided to install it. The install went pretty good. I still have XP also on the same system. I did the beginner install for Knoppix. It seems to work but now of course I have a problem. Well It loaded up GRUB. Grub sees my windows partitions but when I go to get in windows from GRUB it keeps on rebooting. Knoppix still has some issues. Should I scrap the Knoppix install and switch to Kanotix which I hear good things about. I'm thinking I'm going to have to start back fresh, Install Kanotix first and then reinstall XP. Unless I can get back into my XP, It will not boot though. Knoppix install went good but I still have issues. Apt -get does not work right sometimes. I now can't access my XP partitions from within KDE either for some reason even though I could before with my LIVE DVD options. Any Suggestions??? Recommendations... Other than that I'm going to check out Kanotix. If use the install scipt on my Knoppix DVD and choose the option for debian will it set me up with a just a straight Debian system with all the software too. thanks in advance
Knoppix still rocks as a rescue DVD
Similar Threads
-
By mors in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-21-2005, 09:25 AM
-
By kernco in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 08:35 AM
-
By kgw in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By miazmaticdotcom in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 04:25 PM
-
By cesman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00