-
Internet works in 3.6 CD but not 5.01 DVD
So I got the 5.01 DVD and could not get on the internet for the most part. I could go to a few sites like yahoo and dvdtalk but the rest of the net wasn't working for me. After searching this site I see many people had the same problem. I just found one of my old knoppix cd's version 3.6 and tried that. It worked perfectly. So I was like that is strange. Why would the cd work and not the DVD. So I went back to the DVD to see if something was different with the settings and couldn't find anything. I then just tried konqueror instead of firefox and that seems to work. I'm using it now in fact.
So given that the old 3.6 CD works and konqueror works on the dvd I'm guessing the problem is in firefox but for the life of me I can not find it. If i ever figure how I will replace firefox 1.5 with 2.0 and see if that corrects the problem.
Similar Threads
-
By dragonbeast25 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2009, 11:37 AM
-
By HisHighness in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-05-2006, 10:20 AM
-
By Fli in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2006, 09:30 AM
-
By sourabh in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 07:55 AM
-
By drg55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 12:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop
$299.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots
$850.00

Vintage 1992 Mac System 7.1P1 Apple Software 3.5” Floppy Disks NOS
$35.00

Vintage Apple Computer 3.5 Floppy Drive EMPTY BOX
$29.99

Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010
$64.95

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer - Works
$169.99

READ - Apple Macintosh Desktop Computer M0001 Vintage
$599.00

Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested
$210.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99