Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Unionfs for kernel 2.6.19

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3

    Unionfs for kernel 2.6.19

    Does any body know where I can find unionfs package for kernel 2.6.19? The following site shows that the CVS version supports 2.6.19-rc.

    http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-unionfs.html

    I have downloaded the CVS package
    ftp://ftp.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/pub/unio...cvssnap.tar.gz
    but does not seem to be the right one.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: Unionfs for kernel 2.6.19

    Quote Originally Posted by linux win
    Does any body know where I can find unionfs package for kernel 2.6.19?

    I haven't succeeded, too

    But it CAN be compiled and e.g. beyond1 patchset for 2.6.19 http://iphitus.loudas.com/index.html includes working unionfs. I have also compiled new kernel myself and if you are satisfied with my configuration, you can download my kernel WITH unionfs module included and some extra modules outside the kernel tree from http://linux.ilmainen.net/musix/linu...9-beyond1-SMP/


    -tapsa-

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3
    Thanks. I got it done using the patch in the site you refered me to:

    http://iphitus.loudas.com/beyond/2.6...19-beyond1.bz2

    I patched a fresh copy of the kernel. Then, I copied the /fs/unionfs directory to my kernel and added the following to /fs/Kconfig file starting at line 1625:

    Code:
    config UNION_FS
    	tristate "Union fs support"
    	depends on EXPERIMENTAL
    	help
    	  Unionfs is a stackable unification file system, which can
    	  appear to merge the contents of several directories (branches),
    	  while keeping their physical content separate.
    
    	  see <http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-unionfs.html> for details
    and added the following line to the end of /fs/Makefile

    Code:
    obj-$(CONFIG_UNION_FS)          += unionfs/
    Then I run made oldconfig followed by kpkg and got a working kernel 2.6.19 with unionfs.

    Thanks again for quick help.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by linux win
    I patched a fresh copy of the kernel. Then, I copied the /fs/unionfs directory to my kernel and added the following to /fs/Kconfig file starting at line 1625:

    Code:
    config UNION_FS
    	tristate "Union fs support"
    	depends on EXPERIMENTAL
    	help
    	  Unionfs is a stackable unification file system, which can
    	  appear to merge the contents of several directories (branches),
    	  while keeping their physical content separate.
    
    	  see <http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-unionfs.html> for details
    and added the following line to the end of /fs/Makefile

    Code:
    obj-$(CONFIG_UNION_FS)          += unionfs/
    Then I run made oldconfig followed by kpkg and got a working kernel 2.6.19 with unionfs.
    Thanks for you instructions. But could you help me to build a realtime preemption patched kernel with unionfs.

    I have applied -rt15 patch from http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/ and added unionfs as you did. Somehow it seems to be difficult to apply other pathes with realtime preemption patch. This is the error message I got:
    Code:
    Building modules, stage 2.
     MODPOST 1571 modules
    WARNING: "there_is_no_init_MUTEX_LOCKED_for_RT_semaphores" [fs/unionfs/unionfs.ko] undefined!
    make[2]: *** [__modpost] Virhe 1
    make[1]: *** [modules] Virhe 2
    make[1]: Poistutaan hakemistosta "/usr/src/linux-2.6.19"
    make: *** [debian/stamp-build-kernel] Virhe 2
    -tapsa-

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3
    I tried it and got the same error message plus two other error messages. I am trying to produce a stand alone package out of the kernel unionfs package. If I succeed, I will upload it and give you the link.

    Edit:

    I am sorry, I did not succeed.

Similar Threads

  1. does knoppix, use aufs? or unionfs? ...still says /UNIONFS..
    By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
  2. Root file system links to UNIONFS (e.g. bin -> /UNIONFS/b
    By Jim Tonic in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 04:14 AM
  3. Successfully remastered 3.9 with rebuilt kernel and unionfs
    By Pallbearer in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2005, 04:53 PM
  4. UnionFS
    By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 06:42 PM
  5. kde and unionfs
    By ethrandil in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 12:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box picture

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box

$299.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor picture

AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor

$399.00



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor

$59.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$365.00