Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: HELP - Reinstall Windows XP

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3

    HELP - Reinstall Windows XP

    I have a Compaq Evo laptop. It has an external USB CD drive. There is no OS on the system. I have a non-bootable Windows XP install CD. I have a Knoppiz CD. How can I activate and then remove the Knoppix CD so that I may access the Windows CD and do the install??

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    is your windows cd non-bootable
    or is it you havent got it to boot from it yet .....

    it should boot
    though the exteranl usb cd is of course a source of a possible problem, (d'ya think?)
    check the bios boot settings for the boot sequence
    there should be a cd-rom floppy and hdd option
    and a look for further items option too

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3
    The CD is non-bootable. I have tried it on another PC.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Doesn't sound like a legitimate Windows CD. How do you think that Knoppix would be able to help? You can't run Windows programs like the Windows installer under Knoppix.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3

    Harry Kuhman

    Thank you for that I response. I thought perhaps I could install Windows under Knoppix. I have a bootable CD on order. Best regards.

Similar Threads

  1. problem in fixing grub after windows reinstall
    By tarekeldeeb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 10:45 PM
  2. Need to reinstall a windows file through linux....
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2004, 05:50 PM
  3. Help: how can I reinstall kicker?
    By jackiechen858 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 04:16 PM
  4. Reinstall from scratch?
    By bro in forum General Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 09:03 PM
  5. Reinstall wine
    By dobell in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working

$22.99



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 w/ Stylus Flash Card & Software *WORKS* picture

Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 w/ Stylus Flash Card & Software *WORKS*

$99.99



VINTAGE APPLE III COMPUTER FOR RESTORATION OR PARTS  [NOT WORKING MISSING PARTS] picture

VINTAGE APPLE III COMPUTER FOR RESTORATION OR PARTS [NOT WORKING MISSING PARTS]

$299.99



Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord picture

Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord

$49.99



Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals picture

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals

$50.00



Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Lime Green iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Lime Green iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working

$59.99



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Vintage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Sheet picture

Vintage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Sheet

$54.00