Hello!![]()
I made an account just to get an answer to this question:
I booted my Knoppix 5.0 from my second hard drive, and the GUI's resolution is so large, I can't do much.
![]()
I have the same problem with my bootable CD...
Please help!
juniorknopper
Hello!![]()
I made an account just to get an answer to this question:
I booted my Knoppix 5.0 from my second hard drive, and the GUI's resolution is so large, I can't do much.
![]()
I have the same problem with my bootable CD...
Please help!
juniorknopper
You need to use a cheatcode, son. Check the Wiki to learn what cheatcode will best suit your needs. http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes
For example, when you boot, type in: Knoppix screen=1280x1024
(if that's what you want, or maybe 800x600 or 640x480, etc)
Hello,
I already tried cheatcodes...
Any other ideas?
juniorknopper
![]()
Would this perhaps be helpful to you?
http://www.marcelgagne.com/node/91/65#comment-65
every man jack and his dog and their dog's pet cat complains about screen resolution only being 800x640 or 1024x768
how do i make it bigger ?
and you got to ask why your screen is too big.
dammit
there's no pleasing some people
could you post what video card you have
what monitor
and a few of the relevant bits from
/etc/X11/xorg.conf
so we can trace your IP address and kill you !!![]()
you want it smaller, just right-click the desktop and change it
it's not hard![]()

DEC PDP 11/05 or 11/10 system complete, H900 box, vintage, Digital Equip Corp
$3509.00
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$69.99
DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
$100.00