thanks-figured it out
Installed 3.2 to hdd re "easy hard disk installation" [whoppee!] now when I try to edit the file "/etc/lilo.conf" I get 'permission denied" I am logged in as root, and I need to change boot drive as I have two hard drives [as per install instructions so my question is, how do I open "/etc/lilo.conf" to make the change? - thanks
thanks-figured it out
How did you do this in the end?
Thank you!
in order to edit a .conf file you have to type this in the console as root.
vi /etc/lilo.conf
then scroll the the spot where you want to add something. then hit "i" on your keyboard to insert. after you are done typing hit "esc" and then type this without the quotes ":wq!". Then your added string should still be in the configuration.
Make sure to follow the directions by running Lilo after changing the config.
Hope this helps!

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98