Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Problem with Ubuntu Dapper 6.06.1

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3

    Problem with Ubuntu Dapper 6.06.1

    Sorry, probono, I wish to try klik, but there is a little problem.
    I'm using Ubuntu Dapper, and when I try, for example, klik://xvier, never happens, and in the terminal I get:

    wget: --user-agent: valore "klik/0.1.3cli (Linux UbuntuDell 2.6.15-27-386 #1 PREEMPT Sat Sep 16 01:51:59 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux @Ubuntu (0.120) dapper-updatesDISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=6.06
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=dapper
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS"@)" non valido.

    Can you help me ??
    Thanks. Walter

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8
    I don't know if klik works on every system. I tried it on PCLOS without success. Here is a link, however, which may help:
    http://klik.atekon.de/wiki/index.php/How_to_use_klik
    Good luck

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for your answer, rubi, but I follow exactly the instructions you link in your post.
    On my PC happens that never appear the mask with a question: " Do you want to download and run.........."
    The browser tell me "done", but nothing appear......

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1
    I have the same problem. You click something on a website, but there is no effect. Using klik apps like openoffice, which you manually downloaded to your desktop, does however function.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Please post your distribution and exact version. This is a strange problem, and I'd like to help you. It should work for sure on Ubuntu.

    Try running from a console:
    ~/.klik xvier
    and see what happens.

    Regards,
    probono

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3
    Try running from a console:
    ~/.klik xvier
    and see what happens.
    Exactly what I explain in my first post.
    After the installation, I see modifications in fstab, I see new files .klik and .zAppRun in my home, but nothing more happens vhen I choose to download something.....

    My distro ( as you can see in my post...) is Ubuntu Dapper 6.06.1 LTS
    Thanks, and Happy new Year..!!

Similar Threads

  1. how to istall Ubuntu...
    By Paul Weinstock in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 12:04 PM
  2. Remastering Ubuntu
    By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
  3. Ubuntu
    By probono in forum Klik
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 11:59 AM
  4. Ubuntu/GNOME Problem after Running GIS-Knoppix LiveCD
    By lawtech in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 02:48 PM
  5. Ubuntu + KDE = Kubuntu
    By eco2geek in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard

$95.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99