-
USB Power/Detection Knoppix 4.0.2 DVD
My hard drive recently corrupted some of its data and it won't boot into windows. Usually in this situation I use knoppix to get my data off. In the past this has worked great. However this time i've been having some USB trouble.
It goes sort of like this, If I plug in my usb key, mouse, hdd, etc. during boot up they will recieve power and be powered when knoppix starts up. This seems to get my mouse to work. However if I unplug any usb device or plug any new usb device in, the won't recieve power. So if I unplug my mouse plugging it back in won't make it start up again.
It doesn't detect my usb key even when its powered from being plugged in since boot up. It also doesn't help trying to replug it in, since it won't have any power.
Mounting doesn't seem to be the issue, i've tried every mounting resource and editing thing I can find and that doesn't seem to work. It just says "isn't a valid block device" which seeems to imply its not being detected at all.
Any help in this would be a godsend. I'm using a Dell 700m laptop if that helps at all and the rest of knoppix seems to be running as usual(I'm posting using the knoppix install). I would like to try a different version of knoppix but don't really have access to a burner right now.
~Ian
Similar Threads
-
By Steven Hair in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 03:04 PM
-
By Bleim in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 03:16 PM
-
By Cowboy7704 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 09:40 PM
-
By cascadefx in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 05:43 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD
$599.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00