-
SATA Raid Help
Hello!
I'm completely new to Linux and Knoppix but read Knoppix had a tool to fix ntfs.sys errors, so I thought I'd give it a shot, especially since Win Console wasn't able to repair it. The dvd booted with no problems but I don't see my SATA Raid 0 drives on the desktop. While poking around, I happened to see the drive under /media: (something like that anyway). It sees 1 drive with the total amount of space (240g) which is the total of both drives. When I right click on the icon I see an option to mount (which I'm assuming is how you get access to the disks) but it won't mount because it doesnt see it under /dev (Im at work right now so I cant remember exactly what it said).
If anyone has experience with this, could you please advise in a not too technical language 
I'm really looking forward to playing around with this OS more cause it's just too cool, but I really need my windows back so I can get back to gaming 
Thanks!!!
oh, if it matters, the system is Asus A8N SLI with 2 Seagate drives
Similar Threads
-
By Eru_Ascar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-10-2005, 02:01 AM
-
By sideshore in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2005, 03:47 AM
-
By frank2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 11:19 AM
-
By mzruya in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 07:57 PM
-
By poopyman67 in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD
$84.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99