-
New Install, middle option - Beginner... Is this ok?
BACKGROUND:
I have been playing with many linux distros over the last few weeks. Primarily Ubuntu. I had it installed on a laptop and fell in love, it worked effortlessly and sweetly. I decided to install it on one of my file servers. And it wouldnt work. In fact ANY distro I tried didnt work (I tried Ubuntu, SUSE, RedHat, Mandriva, and even straight Debian). I even tried many of the boot options which would get me to varying positions, but still no cigar.
The ONLY one that worked flawlessly (or even got to a point where I had a desktop) was Knoppix!
QUESTION:
So heeding the advice of many boards and even the instructions, I wanted a hd install, but knew that to install knoppix was wrong, so I went for the OTHER option, the beginner one.
Will I have any issues with this install? I mean, I have it installed and it is great!
I would love to install Debian raw from the Debian site but this PC seems to have so many issues that I find it all very daunting. So with the beginner option, can I upgrade (using apt-get) without the problems experienced by people who do the full knoppix copy/install?
Similar Threads
-
By madivad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2006, 10:21 PM
-
By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 10:57 PM
-
By Jack_ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-04-2004, 06:15 AM
-
By Markus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 19
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 03:52 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00