After doing the beginner install and having it work flawlessly, what I would obviously like next is to do a propper install of Linux without the reliance on Knoppix, or ALL the drivers/modules/scripts that it installs.
How can I assess the version I have to determine what is actually used, and what isn't? I want to now start seeing what it is that get's the monitor and video correct on this version, what it is that makes the sata drives reconisable, the network functioning (which they all got right anyway)...
Is this possible? Is it that simple? Or do I just have a steep learning curve ahead of me?
It's also the little asthetics that make knoppix sweet. I love the colourful consols (which dont appear to be default in most distro's off the bat) and small fonts...

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00
Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50
BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95