-
Beginner install, the next step...
After doing the beginner install and having it work flawlessly, what I would obviously like next is to do a propper install of Linux without the reliance on Knoppix, or ALL the drivers/modules/scripts that it installs.
How can I assess the version I have to determine what is actually used, and what isn't? I want to now start seeing what it is that get's the monitor and video correct on this version, what it is that makes the sata drives reconisable, the network functioning (which they all got right anyway)...
Is this possible? Is it that simple? Or do I just have a steep learning curve ahead of me?
It's also the little asthetics that make knoppix sweet. I love the colourful consols (which dont appear to be default in most distro's off the bat) and small fonts...
Similar Threads
-
By Patsy57 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-30-2005, 03:22 PM
-
By Antoine in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 02:26 PM
-
By Rod F. in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 04:04 AM
-
By hnash53 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 02:33 PM
-
By Coume in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

motherboard CPU combo am4
$70.00

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99