Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: something getting screwed up when remastering

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    12

    something getting screwed up when remastering

    howdy...

    trying first remaster, using guide, says to:

    mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -publisher "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" \
    -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX \
    | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX


    but then mkisofs says 'does not exist'. Seems it's deleting the 'source' before making the iso.

    is this a bug in the commandline?

    any info appreciated... thanx.

    greenbag.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    12
    Got it.... there was a typo. Used commandline from 'script' at bottom of page, that was the exact same, except for a / where it shouldn't have been.

    Now if I could only figure out the chrooting. Followed exactly, but after doing mods in 'source' desktop environment, then 'exit' twice, I'm at runlevel 2. - Shouldn't I be back to the original desktop (ie: the live cd's desktop)?


    pluggin' away,

    greenbag.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    12
    Finally figured it out.....

    Was forgetting to change owner back to root. - everything's saved the way it's supposed to be now.

    Basically, I built a live-compiler that doubles as a bootdisk for the proggies that I compile to run in ram. I installed gmp-4.2, (for static builds), and upx, (to compress the builds). I added a script to the /etc/init.d folder:

    cd /mnt/floppy
    ./runme.sh

    I then used ksysv (init-editor) to add to runlevel 1. Isolinux.cfg edited to default to runlevel 1 with 5 second delay. Desktop accessed by typing knoppix at bootline.

    When bootdisk accessed, runs 'runme.sh' on floppy - copies my proggie and needed files to ram, then executes the proggie in ram. - Works great.

    The only things I want to change now, is username, and figure out a 'nopowersave' 'noblank' boot option to add to the bootdisk bootline - so screen doesn't go out in 5 mins.

    Anybody know a boot option for this? I've tried nopowersave AND noblank (as suggested in another linux thread), but they don't work in knoppix.

    Any ideas appreciated.

    cheers.

Similar Threads

  1. screwed up sudo
    By nishtya in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 09:48 PM
  2. Am I screwed to wait?
    By Stealth870 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 07:35 AM
  3. Have I screwed-up apt-get?
    By Bob_Ullet in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 03:32 AM
  4. HD Installs: Have you screwed one up before?
    By jdong in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 06:16 AM
  5. I screwed up!!
    By WANDr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 10:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00